Tips for Choosing the Right Web Design CompanyJune 9, 2018
6 Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Web DesignerOctober 30, 2018
In 2017 Internet sales topped 2.3 trillion dollars, which is bigger than the economies of Brazil, Russia and South Korea. Over the next 3 years eCommerce figures are expected to soar to near 5 trillion dollars annually. That’s more than the economies of Japan or Germany. As such the wise business owner is looking to dip their toe into the digital revenue stream via eCom web design. But doing so is not as easy as putting some items on your website and adding a “proceed to checkout” button.
Tricks Smart Developers Use to Create Successful eCom Websites
No web developer worthy of the title uses blackhat techniques to drive traffic and conversions. There’s simply too much at stake. As such these are not so much “tricks” as they are proven methods that will help ensure you meet your online sales goals.
- Fixed navigation – If you’ve ever browsed a high end online retailer you’ll notice how their main navigation elements remain fixed to the top of the screen as you move from page to page. This makes navigating the site easier and more enjoyable. What’s more, by having the shopping cart button always at the ready you’re enabling impulse purchases; the bread and butter of retail.
- Responsive design – The mobile revolution has changed the way people interact with the web. In fact more than half of all search queries are now initiated on mobile devices instead of PCs and most online purchases are done via smartphone. If your eCom site is not designed to scale to the different types of mobile devices your chances of success are not good.
- Fast loading – Online shoppers will typically exit a page if it doesn’t load within 3 seconds. As such your eCom site had better be streamlined and efficient. Top flight web developers like those at TriCity are aware of the things that act as a drag on loading times and make sure your site is free of them. As a result you enjoy the highest possible conversion rates.
- Personalization – That little “Welcome back XXXXX” may seem pretty silly to some but it actually goes a long way toward making people feel more comfortable shopping on a given website. Knowing the visitor’s prior history allows you to personalize their experience and to target them with specially tailored product offers.
- Video – Did you know that nearly 75% of all Internet traffic is video? Today’s online consumers will take a professional video presentation over reading every time. If you want to optimize conversions you would do well to include at least a few video presentations on your eCom site.
A successful eCommerce website requires more than just great products at competitive prices. It requires that you cater to the needs and habits of today’s online consumers. At TriCity Web Solutions we employ these and other tried and true methods to ensure you meet your online sales targets and position yourself for a more prosperous future. Give us a call today to find out how we can help enable your eCom dreams.